Monday, May 21, 2007

The Bohemian


I really like the new St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur. It's all-natural, delicious, and very unique. The product is top quality, and the recipes the St. Germain folks have come up with are well considered. You can see some of the recipes over at the St. Germain website.

Most of those recipes are, obviously, designed to show off the St. Germain. I wanted to use a different approach, and show the versatility of the St. Germain product. I wanted to use it in more of an "every tiki drink needs a secret ingredient" way. The gorgeous floral aromas and hints of citrus and passion fruit seem to fit the bill perfectly.

Bohemian

Bohemian

1 oz St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
1 oz Bacardi Superior
1 oz Lemon Hart Demerara Rum
.5 oz Licor 43
.5 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
.5 oz Fresh Lime Juice
1 drop absinthe

St. Germain is available now in New York and California, with wider distribution in the works. If you've come up with some St. Germain cocktails, post the recipes here or send me an e-mail. I am enjoying the flexibility of this product and am anxious to hear what the rest of you are coming up with.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kaiser Penguin said...

Woah! This sounds quite interesting ... not that I'll be getting my hands on a bottle of St. Germain's any time in the near future.

12:15 PM  
Blogger natalie@theliquidmuse.com said...

Hey - I love the Elderflower liqueur. In fact, I gushed about it a few weeks ago. Delicious!!!

We should totally exchange links! I'll add you to TLM now.

11:27 AM  
Blogger jimmyp said...

Usually my only reader is Jeffrey Morgenthaler. At least I know who I'm talking to.

I suppose it'll be ok if a few of your readers stop by. Thanks for the link.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been playing with it as well, using both Gin and Rum as a base, some Pomegrante and lime juice, and different flavors of bitters. I'll send you a recipe when I come up with one that is worthy. CHEERS!!

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to be able to get ahold of this, and the recipe sounds great; nice concept and it looks well-balanced.

2:49 PM  
Blogger nerdling said...

He is not your only reader! I just never post comments...

Elderflower, eh? I'll have to track some down. Sounds delightful.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Anita (Married... with dinner) said...

This has been on the short list for a while. I guess I'm going to have to schlep out to Blackwell's for a bottle... none at BevMo yet. :S

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This drink is really outstanding, thanks for the recipe (enjoying one as I type). Let me reinforce that "one drop" of absinthe bit -- it's true! Any more and the absinthe completely takes over.

Cheers!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home